Thursday, June 11, 2015

Spring Flowers

Hey Y'all!!  So as you may know, I'm not much of a pastel, flower kind of gal.  But occasionally, I am.  That's what happened today.  I saw a painting and was inspired to try this Spring Flower mani.
I Used:
KBShimmer:  Shore Thing, a medium minty green crème
Color Club:  Disco's Not Dead, butter yellow crème
Color Club:  Wicker Park, pinkish lilac crème
Finger Paints:  Sea Temptress, textured white polish with teal flakies
Liner Brush
I started this mani with two coats of KBShimmer, a pretty pastel mint crème that was a dream to use.  Then using Color Club Disco's Not Dead and Wicker Park, I painted splotches in random areas of my nails.  Then I made my mistake.  I ramdomly topped some of the splotches with Finger Paints Sea Temptress.  If you recreate this, do not use a textured polish.  Seriously.  It's really hard to paint a straight line over a textured polish!  And the flakies didn't even show up!
Then I used a basic black polish (sorry, I forgot which) and a fine liner brush to paint the petals.  The petals were basically parentheses.  And in some of the flowers, I painted little dots for the seeds.  Then just top everything with a top coat.

Other than the bad lines over the flakies, I really liked this design.  I hope you do too!

Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment