Thursday, June 11, 2015

Blue & Purple Glitter Color Block

Hey Y'all.  I just wanted you to know that this is the first of several "scheduled" posts.  Scheduled means they will appear on their own, and because of that, there won't be this little intro part from me.  It will go straight into the design/review.  You may remember me telling you I had a family emergency.  It was that my father-in-law had been placed in hospice.  And now, his suffering is over.  I am so grateful that we were able to go and visit him, talk to him and spend some time with him last week.  I lost my own father 20 years ago to cancer and my father-in-law stepped right in and filled that void in my life.  And even though I'm heartbroken that he has passed....well, let's just say cancer sucks.

And on a lighter note, he was a huge supporter of my little nail obsession!  And for today, I have a Blue and Purple Glitter Color Block mani for you:
I Used:
China Glaze:  DJ Blue My Mind, an ultra bright sky blue crème
Studio M:  Grape Escape, a neon purple crème
CBL, Colors By Llarowe, Nitro, a clear base packed with blue and purple small glitter
Scotch Tape

First, thank you, thank you, thank you, to my love Liz at A Mani Maniac for sending me the Studio M and the CBL!!!  My very first CBL too!!  And it's glitter!!  And it's purple and blue!!  It's perfection!

Now on to the mani.  I love this mani, and this style, because I received so many compliments on it while I was out and about, and yet it's so easy to do!  I started by painting my nails with China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, an ultra bright/neon sky blue crème.  Then, I placed scotch tape (remember to stick it to your hand a few times to remove some of the stickiness) on a diagonal across my nails, and painted a pretty thick coat of Studio M Grape Escape.  Grape Escape (drool), is a fabulously gorgeous neon purple crème.  Be sure to remove the tape as soon as you have painted the nail.
Once the nail has dried completely, place the tape on your nail diagonally, going the opposite way.  Like in the above picture.  Then I added Nitro by Colors by Llarowe.
Add top coat and you're done!

I hope y'all have a fabulous day, and be sure give your loved ones an extra hug today.

Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment