Friday, April 17, 2015

Dogwood Trees and Flowers

Hey Y'all!  TGIF!!  How is the weather where you are?  It seems nuts in most of the USA.  We had upper 70's, low 80's last week and this entire week has been cold, windy and rain.  Lots of rain.  I'm over it.  I'm ready for the heat.  And the rain isn't supposed to stop until Tuesday :(  And of course, I have a ton of running around to do today and tomorrow.  My blogger buddies and I have a swap this weekend and I have to go get the last few things for my person.  But I adore and love her, so she's worth facing the cold and rain!

But since it is "technically" Spring, and I am in Georgia, the Dogwoods are in full bloom and that is what I have for you today:
I Used:
Sinful Colors:  Love Nails, a medium, bright blue shimmer
Orly:  Frosting, a white with gold shimmer
Orly:  Rapture, a chocolate brown crème
Dotting Tool
Fine Liner Brush
In case you haven't seen a Dogwood tree before, I snapped this one when the teen and I stopped for lunch:
They are EVERYWHERE here!  Seriously.  They grow wild.  I have a strong love/hate relationship with them.  They are gorgeous for about two weeks a year.  The rest of the year, they are a weird yellow green color.  And I'm allergic to them.  But my girl wanted me to do Dogwood nails so I did.  I like how these turned out, but I think next time I will make more of the flowers (more white dots).  But still, I did like them.  Remember, you don't need a dotting tool or brush to do this design.  You can use a toothpick.
I hope you enjoyed today's mani.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment