Wednesday, March 18, 2015

NOTD: Finger Paints Gilded Chrome

Hey Y'all!!  How are y'all doing today?  I'm exhausted.  Long, long day yesterday and up early today.  The teen has a field trip then dance class and rehearsal so let's get right to today's post.

So for today, I went gilded, Finger Paints Gilded Chrome:
I won this from Finger Paints (it was one of three polishes).  I wasn't feeling too well today and decided I wanted a lot of bang for very little effort.  Then I remembered the polishes I won from Finger Paints!  Pictures show two coats of Gilded Chrome with two coats of top coat.
Gilded Chrome is a textured, heavily glittered pack polish in a clear base.  It is PACKED with glitter!!  The glitter is multi sized, goldish silverfish colored.  It gives the look of slightly tarnished silver.  I LOVED how this looked!  Some of the glitter has a more matte effect while the bigger glitter is super reflective. 
While I loved the look, I wasn't that impressed with the polish.  First I had to use a top coat because the texture was SO rough I was scratching myself.  And it hurt.  It took two coats to get it smooth enough for me to be able to live with it.  Second, the wear was horrible.  In less than a day, I was chipping.  A lot.  Although I did get complete coverage in two coats.  I'm really on the fence about it.  I loved the way it looked on the nail, but hated the way it felt and how little wear I got from it.  I will probably wear it out for a special night, but only for that night.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment