Monday, March 23, 2015

An Ombre Gradient Skittle

Hey Y'all!!  Oh. My. Goodness!!  I tried to get this post up on Friday, but my computer kept updating.  Does anyone else keep putting off updating their computer until it has hours worth to do?  No?  Just me?  Oh well.  Happy Monday!  I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend.  We had a quiet one.  The teen went to a friend's house and the hubby and I went out to a nice dinner.  And slept!  This time of year wears me out.  Not only does the teen have a million things to do and a million places to be, the weather kills me.  In one week we can have 30's, 80's, sun, tropical storms, wind...all leading up to everything about to be covered in an inch of pollen.

But on to today's mani!  I have something I'm calling an Ombre Gradient Skittle:
I Used:
China Glaze: One Track Mind (a deep cobalt blue crème)
Orly- Tiara (small silver glitter in a clear base)
Finger Paints- Ho Ho Happy Holidays (micro silver and light blue glitter in a clear base)
Icing- Sapphire (a medium blue micro glitter in a clear base)
China Glaze- Feeling Twinkly (a dark blue glitter in a clear base)
Make Up Sponge
To start this mani, I painted two coats of China Glaze One Track Mind, a deep cobalt blue crème.  Then using a make up sponge, I sponged on the glitter polishes.  They are:
Pinky:  Orly Tiara, a silver glitter
Ring Finger:  Finger Paints Ho Ho Happy Holidays, a silver and light blue glitter
Middle Finger:  Icing Sapphire, a medium blue glitter
Index Finger:  China Glaze, Feeling Twinkly, a dark blue glitter
Thumb:  all the above
When sponging on the glitter, start about three quarters of the way down your nail.  Then go back and sponge on just the tip of your nail to give you a more concentrated glitter.  For the thumb, paint stripes of the polish on the make up sponge and dab on your nail.  It is really important to use a sponge at least for your thumb...the sponge will soak up the excess clear polish leaving you a more concentrated glitter.  I did two coats on my thumb.  Then just add the top coat.
I hope you have a fabulous day!  Happy Polishing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment