Friday, April 18, 2014

Rainbow Splatter

Hey Y'all!!  TGIF!!!  I don't think I've ever been more excited to see a week end!!  I've decided that Friday is the end of the week, cause I can't take anymore bad days!  The teen and I have a bunch of running around to do, so let me get to today's post!

I have a Rainbow Splatter for you:

I Used:
Sinful Colors- Snow Me White (white crème)
Orly- Grave Mistake (dark red crème) on pinky only
Sinful Colors- Feel The Vibe (bright orange crème) on pinky & ring fingers
Sinful Colors- Chick Chick (bright yellow crème) on ring & middle fingers
Sally Hansen- Kelp Out (green crème) on middle and index fingers
Sinful Colors- Jolt (bright blue crème) on index fingers & thumbs
Sinful Colors- Go Go Boots (purple crème) on thumbs only
Plastic Straws
Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner

So splatter nails are not my favorite technique...by far!  Although I did change how I did it this time, it was still kind of hard and messy.  For this mani I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  Once that dried, I put tape around my fingers to help with the clean up.  Then I put a few drops of polish on a paper plate and added about 4 drops of thinner to it.  For what polish was put on what finger, check the list above.

Then just dip the straw into the polish and blow.  Which is easier said than done, lol.  For me, only one out of every 15 blows worked.  I was finally getting the hang of it on the last nail, of course.  I will advise you put down a newspaper.  And blow gently.

I hope y'all enjoyed today's post!  Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment