Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review OPI Taupe-Less Beach & Black Cherry Chutney

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Thursday!  Yay, it's almost the weekend!  And with the weekend here, comes warm weather.  Well, warmer than it has been at least.  I know I've said it a hundred times, but I'm so sick of the cold!!  But I have a lot to tell you about today, so let's get to it.

I don't know about y'all, but I was looking so forward to the Brazil Collection from OPI.  When I think of Brazil, I guess my mind goes to Carnival, and bright colors with lots of glitter.  So that's what I was expecting from this collection.  Yeah, not so much.  While there are yellows, oranges and corals, they are muted.  And the only glitters are four liquid sand minis.  While I love the OPI liquid sands, I'm not a fan of the minis...I have pretty long nails and can only get one manicure out of those tiny bottles.  They're more like micro minis.  And, I haven't found them yet anyway :(

So there were really only two that caught my eye, Taupe-Less Beach and Black Cherry Chutney.
Taupe-Less Beach is a soft, medium taupe crème.  The pictures show two coats without top coat.
The formula was fabulous, complete coverage in two coats, although for some reason this color took a little longer to dry than the other, but not a long time.  The color is gorgeous!  For me, it's the perfect taupe shade since it is a darker shade.    And I think this would look great with pretty much all skin tones.  I'm so happy I picked this one up!

The second color I picked up is Black Cherry Chutney:
Black Cherry Chutney is a deep, deep burgundy with a burgundy shimmer.  Pictures show two coats with top coat.  Even though the color is gorgeous inside, it comes alive in the sunlight and really shows the depth of this polish:
I can't begin to tell you how much I love this polish!!!  The formula was great!  In two coats the coverage was perfect and opaque.  This is just so darn pretty!
I bought these at Sally's Beauty Supply, and being a member, they cost me $7.99 each.

What do y'all think of the OPI Brazil collection?  Have you bought any?

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your day, and thank you so much for checking out today's post!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment