Monday, February 24, 2014

Black & Purple Gradient French Tips

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Monday!  I know, I know, that's an oxymoron, but I hope you're having a great day.  I'm excited to start a new week, anyway.  I have some fabulous posts for you this week, including a couple of beauty reviews, so be sure to be on the look out for them!

I'm also excited to show you today's nails!  I'm going to call this Black & Purple Gradient French Tips:
I Used:
Finger Paints- First Edition (dark neon purple crème)
Sinful Colors- Black on Black (black crème)
Make Up Sponge

To create this design, start with two coats of Finger Paints First Edition, a gorgeous dark purple neon crème.  Once that has dried completely, cut up a make up sponge, the wedge type (I buy mine at the dollar store).  I just cut it into 3 or 4 pieces.  Then run them under the faucet and wring them out.  This makes them bigger and gives a softer look to your gradient.
Then paint a stripe of Finger Paints First Edition and a stripe of Sinful Colors Black on Black on to the sponge:
Doing both colors helps them to blend together.  Then just dab on to your nails.  If you want the French Tip look, make sure you keep the black just on the tip of your nails.  You may need to do this two or three times to get the colors opaque.  Then just top with top coat!
I hope y'all enjoyed today's mani; I got a ton of compliments on it!  Y'all have a fabulous Monday!  Happy Polishing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment