Thursday, January 16, 2014

Orly FX Galaxy FX- Part 1

Hey Y'all!!  So the fabulous, incredible, generous Liz of A Mani Maniac sent me the ENTIRE new Orly Galaxy FX collection!!!  Not only am I so touched by her sweetness, I LOVE this collection!  Since I do love it so much, I've split it into two posts so I could add a bunch of pics!  So let's get right to it!!  Let me start by saying, photos do not do these polishes justice!

Black Hole
 

Black Hole is a black jelly with small red glitters, medium matte white glitters and blue bar glitters.  Photos show one coat over two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather and top coat (I'll explain why at the end when I tell you about the formula, but it can be worn by itself without any problems).
This one was the now-a-teen's favorite.  I can't really pick a favorite, I love them all.
 
 
Star Trooper
 

Star Trooper is a black jelly absolutely filled with micro and medium gold glitter and small and medium white glitter.  Pictures show one coat (yep, that's just one) over two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather and top coat.
Despite my refusal to play favorites, I really loved wearing this one!  It was so full of glitter and so sparkly!
 
 
Gravity Bound
 
 
Gravity Bound is a black jelly packed with blue and purple/fuchsia micro glitters and medium white glitters.  Pictures show THREE coats alone with top coat. 
Beautiful isn't it??  I do want to see what this looks like over black too.  Despite the lack of sun the entire time I wore this, it was all sparkly goodness.
 
The formula on these were good.  They did arrive from the back of a delivery truck on a day our temperatures were in the teens...a rare thing in Georgia, so they were pretty frozen.  Even after 24 hours I had to add thinner to the bottles, which is a normal occurrence when polishes freeze.  The only reason I layered them over black or some of them, was to make it easier to remove.  These definitely take the foil method (see my tips page for the foil method).
 
Orly said they based these polishes off of specific galaxies, and I believe it.  These are very outer space-y!  I love them all and they were even worth the foil method!  I sat around staring at my nails, they had a deep quality to them.
 
Thank you again to A Mani Maniac!!!  Look for the rest of the collection tomorrow!  Happy Polishing!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment