Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mish Mash Challenge: Inspired by a Decade

Hey Y'all!!  So I'm a bit late getting this up today, but I had another night of 2 hours of sleep :(  So let's get right to it!  I'm finally back doing the Mish Mash Challenge!!  I missed a couple of weeks because of schedule and then a couple of weeks because of Inlinkz issues, but I'm back now!

And this week's theme is Inspired by a Decade (50's, 60's, 70's, etc.) and I went with the 70's.  I was a itty, bitty VERY young thing in the 70's, but whenever I think back on that time, my mother's wall comes to mind.  In our guest room, she had painted three walls white and on the fourth was this fabric that was indicative of the 70's.  It was huge white and yellow daisies on a black background. Did I mention the flowers were huge? Anyway, here is my rendition:
Y'all know the 70's were tacky right?  LOL
 
I Used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black crème)
Yellow and White Acrylic Paint
Small Brush
Large Dotting Tool
Whether you like it or not, this does look exactly like my Mom's wall, lol.  I used the largest dotting tool to make the flowers.  Simply drag the dotting tool to make the petals.  Then I used a fine brush to paint the leaves.  Then top everything with top coat.
Be sure to check out all the other fabulous designs inspired by a decade in the links below!  Happy Polishing!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment