Friday, August 9, 2013

Neon Blue & Purple Gradient

TGIF Y'all!!!!  How happy are you that it's Friday?  I'm thrilled!  So I spent all day today figuring out and ordering the now-a-teen's curriculum for this coming year.  But it's finally done!  Tomorrow she has dance class then we're off to get her new pointe shoes  That's yucky because they cost like $89 a pair and only last until her foot grows or 2 months  But the Yay part is that 1 1/2 hour trip to the store means a trip to Ulta for me!!!  Yay!!  And I think we all desperately need a day of rest on Sunday.

So here is my mani for the weekend:
I Used:
Sinful Colors- White on White (white crème)
Sinful Colors- Endless Blue (bright blue crème)
Sinful Colors- Dream On (neon purple crème)
Make Up Sponges

To start this mani, I painted two coats of White on White  I almost always use a white base for bright colors and neons to make the colors pop.  But if you wanted a more muted, subdued look, skip this step. 

Then, use a make up sponge for the gradient.  I just use the cheap ones from a dollar store.  I do run them under water to plump them up.  I don't know why, but this makes the gradient blend better.  Just run the sponge under water and squeeze out the excess.  Then using the brush that came with your polish, paint stripes on the make up sponge in the order you want them to appear.  I painted a strip of Dream On in between two stripes of Endless Blue:
Then just dab your nails with the sponge.  As you so this, your hand will naturally move a little making the blending perfect.  I did need to go over the nails twice to get the color I wanted.
I hope y'all enjoyed today's design.  And I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment