Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: A Technique You've Never Tried: Fan Brush

Hi Y'all!  So, I spent all day yesterday running around and today I think the now-a-teen and I have colds.  I'm trying to figure out if it's because of the 900 continuous days of rain (ok, but we are over 60 days) or the three days of highs in the 60's (I live in Georgia for goodness sakes).  Either way it's a "it's raining and gray and yucky and we feel like crap so we're laying around the house all day" kind of day.

But I do have my challenge post for you!  Today is week 3 of the Mish Mash Challenge!!  And this week we have to use a nail art technique we've never tried.  I was surprised that there are actually quite a few I've never attempted, but I finally went with using a fan brush:
I Used:
Sinful Colors- Sail La Vie (light blue crème)
Essie- Dive Bar (a deep aqua shimmer)
Color Club- No name on bottle (very light blue shimmer)
Fan Brush
100% Acetone

Ok, I've seen this technique used all over the nail blogging world, and they make it look so easy.  I wouldn't call this an epic fail, but it certainly didn't turn out how I hoped.  I used Sinful Colors Sail La Vie as the base and then used the fan brush to brush on Essie Dive Bar and the no named Color Club.
I would totally have loved this if I hadn't seen other bloggers fan techniques.  Somehow they were able to get much finer lines than I was.  And I really tried.  I guess my brush bristles just wanted to clump together.  :(
And I filed my nails down quite a bit.  I don't know why, I just did.  Kind of regretting that, lol.

Oh well.  I will have a tutorial for y'all when I figure out why my lines were so fat (or if you know, please share!).  Meanwhile, please join me in checking out the other wonderful ladies in this challenge to see their fab techniques!!  Happy Polishing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment