Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Metallic

Hi Y'all!!  It's Wednesday!!  We're half way to the weekend!  I can't wait!  I don't have any plans, but I'm just ready for some rest.  Today I have to trudge to the grocery store.  And since I live so far out in the country and it's a million degrees, I have to haul an ice chest so the food doesn't melt.  Obviously this isn't a quick run to the store.  Oh well.  For some reason the people in this family think they should eat everyday...more than once!

Another great thing about Wednesday means it's time for another Mish Mash Challenge  This week's theme is Metallic!
I Used:
OPI- I Knead Sour-Dough (copper shimmer)
Julep- Sheryl (pinkish gold shimmer)
Orly- Liquid Vinyl (black crème)
Small and Large Dotting tools

So I went with Leopard spots.  I love doing leopard spots, especially in metallics.  I started with two coats of OPI I Knead Sour-Dough.  I love this polish.  Then using a large dotting tool (a bobby pin or a ball point pen would also work), I drew irregular shapes:
Then using Orly Liquid Vinyl:
Then fill in the some of the empty spaces with black, irregular shaped dots.  Top with top coat and you're done!
Hope y'all enjoyed today's tutorial.  And remember, the more irregular or shaky your lines and dots are, the more natural it will look.  Be sure to check out all the other wonderful ladies and their fabulous designs!!  Happy Polishing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment