Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer Challenge: Flip Flop

Hi Y'all!!  How are you doing today?  I have a super busy day today so I'm going to get right to today's post!  Today's prompt for the Summer Challenge is Flip Flops, not the shoe but your favorite Summer book or tv show.  This was hard, there are a lot of Summer tv shows I like, True Blood, America's Got Talent...  But I went with a book, Suzanne Collin's Catching Fire!  My now-a-teenager and I loved this book series, and the first movie, and they filmed Catching Fire here in Georgia, so that's why I chose it. 

I've done a couple of Hunger Games manis, but I wanted this one to be different.  I wanted it to look like my entire nail was on fire, so this is what I came up with:
I Used:
Loreal- Jolly Lolly (bright red jelly)
Color Club- Daisy Does It (yellow with yellow and green shimmer)
Revlon- Haunted Heart (orange frost)
Color Club- No name on bottle (dark red with gold shimmer)
Detail Brush
 
 
So this was fun to do.  I started with two coats of Loreal Jolly Lolly, a bright red jelly.  And then going from lightest to darkest, I made the flames.  The lighter the color, the bigger the flames were.  Just dab a little polish on a plate or paper, then using a small brush (any kind would work), I made backward and forward "S" shapes.
 
I really like how this looks.  It's pretty much how I pictured it!  Be sure to check out what the other fabulous ladies did for this challenge!  I can't wait to see!  Until tomorrow, Happy Polishing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment