Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Challenge: Dream Destination

Happy Thursday Y'al!!!  How is your day going?  I have a busy two days, today and tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it and not looking forward to it...does that make sense??  Anyway, on to the nail art!!

Today's Summer Challenge is Dream Destination.  The destination was easy, Hawaii!!  I've always wanted to go.  Everything about the islands interests me.  It's funny, my first job was at a Hawaiian themed hotel in Florida (I don't know why but there are a lot of them in Florida).  And I use to love the Polynesian resort and show at Walt Disney World.   Plus, it doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Elvis Presley fan and so many of my favorite movies of his were in Hawaii!!  Ok, so here is my tribute to Hawaii:
I Used:
Finger Paints- Vintage Vincent (shimmery neon turquoise)
Sinful Colors- Cotton Candy (pastel pink crème)
Spoiled- Plastic Flamingo (neon pink crème)
Finger Paints- Pink Perspective (bright neon pink crème)
Dotting Tools (toothpicks would work too)

I went with a lei in the water, because it's the beaches that I want to see the most.  I really love how this turned out and it was really easy, I promise.  I started with two coats of Finger Paints Vintage Vincent.  Then I just used a dotting tool to make the flowers.  They are all in a row, like a lei.
Be sure to check out all the other Dream Destinations!!  And, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?  Let me know in the comments!  Happy Polishing!!






No comments:

Post a Comment