Friday, June 7, 2013

Pink & Purple Dry Marble French Tips

Happy Friday Y'all!!! How excited are you for the weekend?  My weekend is looking quiet, but today is going to be super busy.  Have to get the now-a-teenager to her dance class (she's had 5 straight days of pointe for 4 hours a day!) and then she has a demonstration at the end.  Then she's off to a friend's house for a sleep-over and the hubby and I are actually having a date night!!  It has been so long that I don't even remember the last time this happened!!  So what's on my nails?  This:
I Used:
Sation- Of Corset I'll Call You (pink crème)
Rimmel Cocktail Colour- Baby Bellini (shimmery purple)
Fine Detail Brush (see below)

So this was my attempt at a dry marble.  For some reason this technique seems to elude me.  I just don't get it.  To me it looks like I did flame French tips!  But that's ok, that works for me too!!

To start this mani I painted one coats of Sation Of Corset I'll Call You, a soft pink crème.  For the second coat, I paint only one nail at a time, and I paint it with a pretty thick coat.  Then I immediately brush a stripe of Rimmel Cocktail Colour Baby Bellini a shimmery purple. 
Then I used a very fine brush to make the "marble" effect.  NOTE:  You don't need a brush for this, just use a straight pin or a toothpick.  Then I dragged the brush through the two polishes and this is what I ended up with:
Even though it didn't turn out like I meant for it to, I like it.  I am going to have to keep trying the dry marble technique, lol.  I hope you have a fabulous Friday!!  Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment