Wednesday, June 5, 2013

ABC Challenge: V is for Vincent, Van Gogh, Violet & V's

Hi Y'all!!  Whew!  Long title isn't it?  It refers to the names of the nail polishes I used for this manicure design.  It's hard to believe it, but we are already at V.  When I started this challenge back in January, I was wondering, "What am I thinking??  Taking on a challenge that lasts 26 weeks.  I must be nuts!"  But I have to tell y'all, I am SO happy I did!!  I've grown to ADORE these women and am honored to now call them my friends!! 

Ok, enough mushy stuff, on to the manicure!  Here is today's entry:
I Used:
Finger Paints- Vintage Vincent (shimmery neon turquoise)
Finger Paints- Van Gogh's Violet (clear base with micro purple glitter and medium sized holographic hexagons)
Scotch Tape

How about that?  5 V's!!!!  I win!!!  LOL.

I so wish the sun was shining today so I could get pictures of this mani, because these photos are not doing it any justice.  This is so pretty, and SO glittery!  I really like it.  Even though it didn't turn out how I saw it in my head.  I think this would actually look better on shorter nails.

This was really easy to do, too.  I started with two coats of the new Finger Paints Vintage Vincent, a shimmery, medium neon turquoise.  Love this color.  It reminds me a lot of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, just darker.  Then using two pieces of scotch tape, make a V on your nails.  Then I filled in the v, or triangle shape with the also new Finger Paints Van Gogh's Violet.  Y'all...purple AND glitter AND holo???  YES PLEASE!!!  (If the sun ever comes out, I will add a picture of the mani in direct light).

Thank you so much for stopping in!!  Be sure to check out my wonderful friends' V manicures.  Happy Polishing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment