Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spring Dotticure Loveliness

Happy Thursday Y'all!!!  The weekend is almost here!  Although I'm in for a super busy weekend so I'm kind of wishy-wahshy about it.  Can't wait to see my now-a-teenager dance in the ballet, but it is SO HECTIC!!  Today starts the 24 hours of madness:  Dress rehearsal tonight, in full make up (using stage make up, false eyelashes and a 13 year old who hates wearing any make up, from 5 to 9:30.  Home by 10:15, 10:30.  Then up by 5:00 (and neither she nor I are the type to come home and go straight to bed, we need to unwind), three shows for the local school kids, home to at least hide the mess before the sister-in-law arrives.  Whew!  Then the shows over the weekend.  I'm already tired!

But I have a new mani for you today and not to sound boastful, I LOVE IT!!!  I can not tell you how many compliments I've gotten for this mani.  So here is my Spring Dotticure:
I Used:
China Glaze- In the Lime Light (light neon green with blue shimmer)
Orly- Halley's Comet (blue with gold and blue shimmer)
Nina Ultra Pro- French White (white crème)
Dotting Tools (or toothpick and bobby pin would be perfect)

I just love the way these colors work together!!  As you can tell by the asphalt and yellow lines, the above photo was taken outside (while waiting for the now-a-teenager).  This was such an easy mani to do that I promise you, EVERYONE can do it!

I started with two coats of China Glaze In the Lime Light.  This is such a gorgeous color.  The label says it's a neon, but it's not an "in your face" kind of color.  It's a soft green with the most beautiful blue shimmer!

Then I used two sizes of dotting tools, the largest and almost smallest to make the dots.  You certainly don't need dotting tools though.  A toothpick and a bobby pin (or something about that size...maybe a pen) would work perfectly for this effect.  Then I just dotted the Orly Halley's Comet and Nina French White on the outside side of my nails in an L shape.  Just alternate the colors using both sizes.  be sure to overlap some of the colors.  Finish with top coat as always and your done!

I'm certain you're going to get a ton of compliments.  When choosing colors, I suggest you use one crème finish, one with a slight shimmer and one with a ton of shimmer/sparkle.  Hope you enjoy it!  If you try this mani, post your pics on my facebook page (link in right column).  I would love to see them. I will see y'all soon.  Tomorrow I have another pedicure for ya!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment