Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Simple Scroll

Hi y'all!!  See?  I told you I had a post for you today!  But I have to hurry, the now-a-teenager has dance soon.  So I wanted to try one of my new polishes, but it was so hard to decide!!  I finally chose one that I had seen in the Ulta catalog, OPI Significant Other Color, and a simple design to go with it:
I Used:
OPI- Significant Other Color
OPI- Purple With A Purpose
Acrylic Rhinestones (light green and purple)
Fine Liner Brush

I love this polish!!!!  OPI Significant Other Color is a pale lilac duochrome polish that shifts between a light pink and green!!  And the shift is incredibly obvious in person.  I'm so upset that I couldn't get a good photo of the shift.  But see that green rhinestone?  That is the shade of green in the duochrome.  The polish is fabulous!  The formula was perfect.  The pictures show three coats, but two would have been fine. 

Then just using a fine detail brush and Purple With A Purpose, I drew a scroll and added 3 dots.  Then using my top coat (and the same technique for rhinestones I described here) to apply the light green and purple acrylic rhinestones.  Sadly, since I was doing this mani around midnight, my other hand didn't turn out as well:
I really like this design, and it reminds me of two wonderful ladies I know.  I will see y'all later!!  Happy Polishing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment