Monday, May 27, 2013

Red, White & Blue Memorial Day

Hi Every one!!!  And to my American followers, Happy Memorial Day!!  Do y'all have any big plans today?  We don't.  The hubby has to work, which really stinks.  It only bothers me because he has to work every Memorial Day. 4th of July and Labor Day (plus Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, etc.) because the other manager always takes those off.  Grrrrrrr!!  So anyway, we don't have any plans.

But enough venting, on to today's mani.  Now, I did this really late last night, so please forgive the bad clean up and some running, but it just isn't as noticeable in real life as in the photos.
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French White (white crème)
Zoya- Sarah (red with red and gold shimmer)
China Glaze- Blue Year's Eve (blue with blue and pink shimmer)
Holo Star Glitter
Scotch Tape

For this mani I started with two coats of the Nina Ultra Pro French White, my favorite white crème.  Once that had dried, I used scotch tape to tape off the section I was going to paint the tips:
(Remember to remove some of the stickiness from the tape by placing the tape on your palm a couple of times)  Once the tape is in place I used Zoya Sarah for the red.  Sarah is a gorgeous red polish with red and gold micro glitter/shimmer.  This was the first time I used the polish and I was really disappointed.  The formula was great, it only took one coat to get the perfect look.  But that's where the good ended, I thought this polish would never dry!  I sat for 30 minutes doing nothing, and it still wasn't dry. It wasn't even tacky, it came right off.  Ugghhhhh!!!  I'm so disappointed, it's such a gorgeous polish.

After that had finally dried, I used scotch tape and taped off the bottom portion of my  nail for the blue, China Glaze Blue Year's Eve.  Then I thought it would be really cute to place  couple of stars on my nail as an accent.
I painted my top coat and while that was still wet, I placed three holographic stars on my ring finger in the white section.  As you can see, only one remains.  I have pretty curvy nails, so I couldn't get the stars to lay flat.  Oh well.

I do really like this mani, and the imperfections aren't noticeable in real life.  And it's my way of honoring those who served in the US Military.  Thank you to all who have served and a huge thank you to their families.  Happy Memorial Day and Happy Polishing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment