Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Purple Glitter Pedicure

Good Morning Y'all!!!  How is your day going?  I'm still tired from yesterday.  I never even had a chance to go on facebook!!  There is just something wrong with a day without facebook.  The now a teenager and I left the house at 9 am and ran and ran, then she had rehearsal and I ran and ran until we got home at 10pm!  It wore us out!  In fact she is still asleep!  Good thing she's homeschooled, ha ha.

As promised, here is my second pedicure of the week, my "middle of the road" pedi.  I call it simply Purple Glitter:
I Used:
China Glaze- VIII (a dark purple crème)
Barielle- Shannon's Attitude

Let me start with Barielle's Shannon's Attitude.  This is one of two polishes I bought when Barielle had there buy one get one half off sale.  They were also my first, and so far only, Barielle polishes, so I don't know if this is typical or not, but Shannon's Attitude was not how it was described.  It was described as a dark jelly with flakies.  What I got was a medium purple jelly with bar holographic glitter.  I'm not disappointed, just sayin'.  I mean, it's still purple and glitter, so what's not to love?  The formula was great and I didn't have to fish for the glitter at all.

Since the jelly was pretty sheer, I decided to layer it over two coats of China Glaze VIII, a dark purple crème.  I'm sure Shannon's Attitude is pretty on its own, and I will try it that way, but since my toes are so far away, I wanted to make sure they popped.  The photos show two coats of VIII, two coats of Shannon's Attitude and top coat.

This was so pretty!  My feet were just glittering away.  Too bad the weather didn't cooperate and I had to shove them in socks and shoes the whole time I was wearing it.  I will have to do again since it's just about sandal weather!  Adding glitter over another polish is a great way to get a fabulous effect with little effort.  Have a fabulous day and Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment