Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ABC Challenge: R is for Rhinestones

Hi Lovelies!!  Happy Wednesday!  We are half way to Friday and the weekend.  I can't wait!  We have dance stuff on Saturday, but then my Mother's day gift is a trip to Ulta!!!  Yay!!  You may remember the closest Ulta is over 45 miles away, so I don't get to go very often.

Today is the ABC Challenge, and the letter is R.  I can't believe we are already to R!  Someone needs to hurry up and get the next challenge planned!!  Meanwhile, I have R is for Rhinestones!!
I Used:
Orly- Choreographed Chaos (light pink with subtle blue shimmer)
Crystazzi ss10 Aqua Flatback mix (crystal rhinestones bought at Michael's)
Crystazzi ss10 Crystal Flatback (crystal rhinestones bought at Michael's)

I really loved this design!  But of course, it sparkled, so what's not to love??  I started with two coats of Choreographed Chaos from the new Orly Mash Up collection.  Loved this color!!  It's a pretty, almost Barbie, color with a slight blue shimmer.  The formula was perfect and fast drying.

Next I put one thin coat of top coat and let that dry.  Next came applying the rhinestones.  I do my rhinestones a little differently.  I mean, I spend the money on crystal rhinestones, or acrylic ones, I want to see them sparkle and shine!! My way does work.  I wore these for right over 48 hours, 48 of my busiest hours possible...little sleep, dress rehearsal, shows, cooking, showers, etc and I only lost one.  But here is my way.  First be sure you are using a really good top coat, one that levels off (doesn't leave brush strokes).  Place one pretty thick dot of top coat where you want the rhinestone, then sink the stone into it.  This helps cover the edges and gives you longer wear.  Repeat this process with each rhinestone.  Be sure to do them one at a time, especially if you have a fast drying top coat.  This way you get all the sparkle!!

Be sure to join me in checking out all the other fabulous designs by these lovely ladies!!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment