Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring French Tips (Plus Orly Review)

Hello Dah-lings!!!  Well I don't know about y'all, but it's a miserable day here in the ATL!  It's cold and pouring down rain!!!!  I love my little fur babies...until they need a walk.  Especially since my baby boy hates being wet or dirty and refuses to use the bathroom outside.  He just looks at me like I'm nuts when I try to take him out.  My baby girl on the other hand, can't stand to be clean and it's a struggle on days like this to keep her out of the puddles.  Ah, the joys of parenthood.  I don't know about you, but on days like this, I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day...or read.  What's your favorite thing to do on cold, rainy days?

Ok, on to today's design.  It actually is making me feel a little better.  Today I have a Spring French tip for you:
I Used:
Orly- Melodious Utopia

Orly- Elation Generation
I started with three coats of Orly Melodious Utopia.  Melodious Utopia is from Orly's 2013 Spring collection and is a gorgeous Spring yellow with a pink shimmer.  The formula was great, not too thin, not too thick.  It did require three coats to get the color even and not streaky, but I find that is very typical of yellow polish. I love this polish...and it's extremely rare of me to like a yellow polish,  But this one you are definitely going to see more of this polish!
 The French tips are made free hand (just using the brush that came with the polish) with Elation Generation, also from Orly's 2013 Spring Collection.  Elation Generation is a pretty pink with scattered holographic micro glitter.  Yes please!!!  Love this polish too!  It's a pretty shade of pink (it looks pink in real life...I'm guessing it looks more orange here because it's layered over yellow and the camera is always seeing things I don't).  And a smaller amount of glitter than normal so if you're looking for a pretty, sparkly polish that isn't a glitter bomb, this would be a great choice.  I do suggest storing the polish upside down, or turning it upside down about 30 minutes before you are going to use it, as there is some settling of the glitter.
 
 I only bought three polishes from Orly's new collection (the other was used in Monday's water marble, High on Hope), but they were three I HAD TO HAVE!!!  And I'm not disappointed at all!  I hope y'all enjoy today's manicure design and that you are staying warm...and dry!!  See y'all tomorrow and Happy Polishing!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute and perfect for spring :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the prettiest ones in the collection - the 3 you bought. That yellow looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete