Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: K. Logan Hair Salon, Atlanta, GA

The products and services in this post were provided to Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes.  The opinions and views are my own and were not influenced in any way. 

I was recently contacted and asked to review a new salon that had opened in Atlanta called K Logan Hair Salon.  My first thought: yay!!  Perfect timing.  As you may remember me mentioning, I have spent the last year and half struggling with some medical issues and had not cut my hair in 15 months! Gasp!!  I quickly said yes, made the appointment, and then my daughter and I came down with double pneumonia.  But I finally made it last Wednesday (April 10th).

K Logan Hair Salon opened in November, 2013, by Akia Logan, and is located at:
K Logan Hair Salon
1610 LaVista Road
Suite 4
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
(404) 228-2765
 
The one funny part is that it is a new salon, so when I arrived at 1610 LaVista Road, it looked like a State Farm building...no salon!  But it was there, she just hasn't had the sign installed yet. But she is working on it!  I did take pictures of the outside but my camera ate them.  But here is the salon and the fabulous Akia:
Akia Logan is the owner and founder of K Logan Hair.  Akia fell in love with hair styling in elementary school.  But she went to college and earned a degree in Business Management.  Her first job out of school was for an accounting firm that brought her to Atlanta.  While working in the corporate world, she decided to give her dream a chance and while still working, went to school for her cosmetology license.  She was then introduced to working photo and video shoots, and finally last year decided to leave the corporate world behind and devote 100% of her attention to her real love, her own salon.  And her salon is definitely a full service salon.  They do everything from the regular hair cuts, dye, styling and blow outs, to make up, custom made hair pieces and wigs.  Especially custom wigs and pieces for cancer patients, a cause close to her heart.

First up, was a tour of the salon.  And I have to tell you, this salon is not what I expected.  Honestly, I was expecting the typical salon.  Y'all know what I mean...big open space, bright lights, blaring music.  That is not K Logan. This is a very intimate salon.  First you walk in to reception:

Next is "the chair".  Each stylist has their own room (and there is a separate room for make up) which includes their chair, the sink to wash your hair and the hair dryer.  Yep. You read that right...everything all in one room!  No walking around in front of dozens of people.  I have to tell you, I loved that!  The wet hair, messy towel, large vinyl apron has never been one of my better looks.  Here is Akia's room:

I arrived as probably the worst kind of customer...Akia asked what I wanted done, and I had no idea!  She was fabulous.  After several questions, she was able to help me figure out what I did want.  We went with dying my hair with Redken Burgandy/Red and cutting a lot of it off and putting in some layers.  Akia keeping me informed the entire time and making sure I was happy with what she was going to do.  Want to see the before and afters??  Here you go:
 
What do you think??  I LOVE IT!! I felt so much better.  It was a true hair make over. 

My bottom line?  K Logan Hair Salon is fabulous.  Akia is so sweet and personable and loves her job and clients.  She truly wants to bring out the best in you.  I highly recommend that if you are in the Metro Atlanta area to give her a call!  Soon she will be holding a day of tutorials to teach everyone how to take care of their wigs and hair pieces and extensions, along with henna tattoos and manicures.  I will be sure to let you know once she has set a date! 

Meanwhile you can check her out at:  K Logan Hair Salon

And a menu of their services:  Hair Menu
Phone: (404) 228-2765

 
 

 

8 comments: