Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Born Pretty Store Nail Art Foils

The following products were furnished to Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes for review.  The opinions expressed are my own and were in not influenced in any way.

I was recently contacted by the Born Pretty Store to review a product of my choice.  The Born Pretty Store is an "online one-click everything you could possibly want including everything you could ever need for nails" store.  Lol, that is a real description!  Here are just a few samples of nail supplies:  acrylic nails, acrylic drills, rhinestones, brushes, stamping plates, polish, containers, honestly just too much to list here.  And if you aren't interested in nail supplies, how about jewelry? Or make up, hair extensions, kitchen gadgets, pet supplies, greeting cards, toys or even a no-slip mat for your tub?  There is so much on this site I feel like I've barely scratched the surface!  (This is going to be pick heavy, lol)

So what did I choose?  Metallic Nail Art Foil:
I chose #3 the holo pink foil and #10 silver.  (I couldn't find the number for the multi colored)  Foil Nail Art has been around for well over 20 years and was one of the first things I experimented with, but I have to tell you, it's come a long way!  These foils come in strips 113 cm long and 2.5 cm wide and arrive in these convenient storage containers.  These were all so easy to apply!  All you do is paint your nails a base color.  Born Pretty Store recommends using dark polishes for best result which I did.  Each foil was placed over two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black.  Although I can't wait to experiment with lighter polishes. 

First up is the pink holographic design.  This was metallic pink with random holographic spots  Once the base color is dry, top with a top coat (do not use a fast drying one, I used a clear polish) and when it's tacky and you can leave a soft fingerprint, apply the foil where you want it to go, I decided to cover the majority of my nail, and remove:
Before top coat
After top coat
Then just top with top coat.  My one and only disappointment with the pink and silver foils is that the holo was severely reduced.  And you have to put the top coat on.  The holo was still there, just very subtle.  But they were still beautiful!  Spoiler Alert:  I loved these!!
The above photo is outside in direct sun and below in my light box:

Next up is the silver with a more linear and subtle holographic effect.  The accent nail is the multi color foil.  The first picture is outside in the sun and the second in my light box.
You can still see the holo, it's just very subtle.

And last, and my absolute favorite, is the multi color metallic foil.  Once again the first picture is outdoors and the second inside with the silver foil as an accent.
Isn't that just the most wonderful, shiny, goodness you've ever seen???

Application was extremely easy and hassle free.  In fact, it was so easy that with a little more careful application you might be able to get almost 100% coverage.  And I still have plenty left over.  I only used about 4 inches of each strip.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved these.  I got tons of compliments and everyone thought I spent hours on them instead of a couple of minutes. I can not recommend these enough!  And now I have to try every color!!

These foils are listed at $2.99 each, but the more you buy the cheaper they are.  And by using this code you get 10% off:
And they always have free shipping...anywhere!  And as always, Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment