Thursday, April 18, 2013

For Boston and Texas

Morning all.  Today's post is a little different then my normal type, but I hope you will enjoy it just the same.  Due to the video embedded in this post, it may take a minute to load, but I think the video is worth it.
I woke up this morning to discover another tragedy occurred, this time in Texas.  And while my heart breaks for the loss, that is not going to be my focus.  Instead I want to honor the lives of those lost, they deserve to be celebrated.  I won't think of those who commit these horrors or of how accidents can occur any where at any time.  Instead I'm going to concentrate on the resilience of the human spirit.  Instead of fear, think of the love shown by those around the world and those who rushed towards the chaos to help.  With that in mind, the nail blog community has come together to honor those in Boston.  And I would like to include everyone injured in the bombing and those in the explosion in Texas. 

You will be seeing a lot of red manis and designs from me this month, but for this first one, I kept it very simple, just Orly Unlawful.  Pictures show base coat, three coats with a top coat.
Please excuse my beat up fingers, it was a rough day for my hands, lol.  Orly Unlawful is from their 2012 Holiday collection and is a gorgeous, bright, reflective red with blue undertones.  I absolutely love this color.  The polish itself was ok, but a bit tricky to work with.  It was so thin!  Almost like water.  But if you go slow, it's fine.  I think because it is so thin, it took three coats to hide the visible nail line (VNL).  But it's so beautiful, it's worth the little extra work.  And don't forget the top coat!  Whether your nails are natural or acrylic, red will dye your nails, so be sure to use a good base coat.
I have no idea why my pinkie and index finger are darker in the picture, but they all look the same in real life.
I hope you have a fabulous day!  Smile!  Love!  Let your light shine on others!!  Never let the darkness dampen your spirit!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment