Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blue Rainbows, Autism Awareness Month

Hi Everyone!!  I hope y'all are enjoying your weekend!!  I'm excited!  I'm on my way to review a salon in the metro Atlanta area.  If any of you saw my post about the Make Up Meet yesterday, you know how desperately I need a haircut!!  I hope to have that review up for you by Friday.  I have at least two posts for you today (supposed to be 3...we'll see, ha ha), so I'm going to just jump in!

As you may remember we are doing an Autism Awareness challenge and today is Blue Rainbows.  And here is design:
I Used:
China Glaze- Don't Be A Luna-Tic (light blue linear holo)
And from lightest to darkest:
Sinful Colors- Sugar Rush
Sinful Colors- Why Not
Hard Candy- Itty Bitty
Pure Ice- French Kiss
Sally Hansen- Petrol
Medium Dotting Tool

The base of this mani is the China Glaze holo, Don't Be A Luna-Tic.  You may remember that I have a thin layer of acrylic over my natural nails, and you may have heard that holographic polish will only work on natural nails...WRONG!!!  Holos work perfectly with every nail type, you just need either a ridge filling base coat, or a top coat that levels.  And by levels, I mean if you paint your top coat over your finished nails and it leaves your nails smooth, it's probably leveled your nails off.  And I highly recommend this for those with natural nails...especially if you have a lot of ridges on your nails.

So I started with this fabulous leveling base coat I can't find anywhere, and then two coats of the China Glaze holo goodness!!  Then using a medium size dotting tool (or toothpick), I started my ombre rainbow.  I started down by my cuticle and just painted one dot, to help give my rainbow its curve.  Then I just dotted in a curve shape all the way to the tip, going from lightest to darkest.

Be sure to check out all the other fabulous bloggers and their blue rainbow designs...they are all listed below the photos.  Until later, Happy Polishing!!
Alicia from Makeup and Nails, Not War
ChiChi from I’m Just Me... ChiChi
Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Erin from Paint Those Piggies!
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Jillian from Jilltastic Nail Design
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious
Tina from Light of the Moon Nails

4 comments:

  1. Dionne, that is knock-out gorgeous! I so envy the canvas you have to work with. My nails are right now as long as I can get 'em before they break off.

    Can't wait to read your salon review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute dotticure :)

    ReplyDelete