Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ABC Challenge: N is for Naughty Neon

Hi my dears!!!  Whew, I'm exhausted!  I'm getting two of the three post up, the other, my MABB bi-weekly question, in the next day or two.  I went to review a new salon in Atlanta (that post will be up Friday or Monday), had to drop off and pick up my daughter, then take her to dance...and did I mention the salon was 49 miles from my house? 

But now I have my ABC Challenge for you.  So for today's letter N, I have Naughty Neon:
Outside, direct sun
I Used:
China Glaze- Sunworshipper (neon creamy orange)
Orly- Naughty (dark purple crème)
.
This didn't turn out exactly as I planned but I still liked it.  I LOVE this neon from China Glaze!  The above picture is a true representation of the color.  It's been described as orange, but it's more of a yellow toned orange.  And as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to pair it with a dark purple.  I love the color combination.  My best friend and daughter said it reminded them of Halloween.  What do they know!  Ha ha ha!  (Love you both!) 

Be sure to check out all the fabulous ladies and see what they have for N.  The links are below the pictures!  Happy Polishing!!
Light Box

14 comments:

  1. 49 miles? OMG, can't wait to read the review!

    This color combination is wild. I'd never have thought of using purple with the golden orange, yet it sure does look pretty! Nice job on the modified French tips. Did you do that freehand? I need all the help I can get with tape and such.

    Lots of the girls used neon colors today, and because of that, I'm now positively obsessed with neons. I don't think I have a single one in my collection! Can you imagine? LOLOL. It's time for me to get some swapping on!!!

    You've had one heckuva busy day, Dionne! Can't wait to see the hair cut!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy lady, you ;) This is so fun and I'll just bet it's even brighter in person. I'm now staring at my bottle of Sun Worshiper and wondering what it would look like paired with Sonia Kashuk Rock Star...hmmm...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have none of the China Glaze neons but I am really digging for some :(
    And I can't wait for the new ones to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I almost thought that your nails were all chopped off, the dark purple gives it the illusion of space!! I love sun worshiper, I swear I pick it up each time I'm at Sally's!! Need to actually buy it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your design! I have a hard time doing multiple stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really dig this color combo! I would have never thought of that deep purple with neon yellow/orange (yorange? orangellow?). It looks awesome! The purple gives it such depth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative color combo! Great idea! At first I thought you filed down your nails LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yorange - I like that. I had to do a double take on that first photo too - the first thing that popped into my head was "where did her nails go??" Definitely a striking color combo, and I like that you did stripes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, they look like liqorice allsorts hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol I love the combo, and Naughty Neon just sounds awesome! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you relaxed a bit during last week-end! As I wrote in many of my comments for this challenge, I am a huge fan of neons. And China Glaze neons are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a different combo of colors, I would have never thought to pair them! I have sun worshiper and I love it it is so bright it's like wearing lights on your fingers! LOL

    ReplyDelete