Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ABC Challenge: M is for Matte

Hello my Darlings!!!  I'm so happy for this challenge.  Mainly because I finally feel like myself again.  I just need to build my stamina back up.  So does the little one, although there is definitely an advantage to being 13.  And thank you so much to everyone for all the well wishes.  We are back at about 95% now and feel SO much better.

Now on to today's challenge.  It's the letter M.  So I've gone with a matte look over Nina Ultra Pro in Lilacing Discipline and China Glaze Razzle Me Dazzle Me...both untried!!  And then I used NYC Matte Me Crazy top coat:
I love this shade of purple!!  It's just a perfect Spring lilac.  The formula was perfect, as most Nina polishes tend to be.  I've always loved Nina Ultra Pro, I have some bottles going back 15 years from them...I'm just not sure what I think of their new "Professional double brush".  It's as wide as most of my nails...and wider than my pinkie finger.  I haven't decided if I like it or not. 

Then the pictures show one coat of China Glaze Razzle Me, Dazzle Me.  This polish has matte bar, large hex and micro round black glitter with small hex and micro light pink glitter.  I like this polish, don't love it, but like it.  It has nothing to do with the formula, or even that it's China Glaze, for some reason, it's just not my favorite.  And that is a rare thing for me to say about glitter!  The last picture shows it before the matte is added.  (I don't know why the index finger is a different color...shooting purples and blues is hard)

The top coat is NYC Matte Me Crazy.  Pictures show one coat, and I have no complaints.  The formula was fabulous.  And since matte isn't my favorite thing (hence the name of my blog), I like having a matte top coat so I can make anything matte.

I hope you enjoy my very rare matte design.  Be sure to check out what all the other fabulous ladies came up with for M.  Happy Polishing!!!
 
Without Matte

24 comments:

  1. Razzle Me, Dazzle Me is gorgeous! I wanted to buy it during last Cosmoprof but the Italian distributor of China Glaze didn't have that collection for sale but only "in preview". :(
    Anyway, I am a huge fan of glitters, and also mattified glitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! ^^ You're right, it's THE shade of lilac for this season! And hey, great job using two untrieds at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it's so funny to read that you dont like matte, I looove it! Matte glitter is great too! It really looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purple is sooooo pretty. It's funny - I really like matte and I went all bling this week, and you love your bling and went matte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how that looks as a matte. Super gorgeous mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that, as much as I love sparkly glitter, there is just something about a matte glitter that makes my heart sing :) And that purple is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matte makes me so happy, especially mattified glitter! Glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! I had never thought about using a matte polish over glitter. I will have to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Razzle Me Dazzle Me, too, I love it in the bottle, but now I don't know what to do with it. LOL! I do love matte top coats over glitter! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen tons of swatches of that China Glaze and it never called my name. And now, you make me want it! Maybe it's because of the base you used, or maybe the mattified look, but now it just looks perfect and I need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, so glad you and your daughter are on the mend!!!! :) You two were really down for the count! Hugs to you both!

    I'm with you, Dionne! I adore Nina Pro, and have tons of them. The new brush? Not so much, but I deal with it, as best I can. The NP formula is fabulous. I think it's just as good as China Glaze, and certainly a whole heckuva lot better than Fingerpaints, that other Sallys house brand.

    The color of this NP looks super with your skin tone, and the addition that CG glitter topper takes it to a new level.

    Super nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!!! Isn't the NYC Matte topcoat great? Especially for the price! I love this purple too!

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Glad you are both feeling better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilacing discipline is one of my faves. Such a great purple. And I really dig this mani. I am a sucker for matte glitter, although I often forget to use matte topcoat on my own glitters. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving Lilacing Discipline! Great shade!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear you and your daughter are feeling better ♥ Your mani is just lovey. I think I should try a matte mani soon too :)

    ReplyDelete