Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: OPI Stay the Night Liquid Sand

Hi y'all!!  I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day and weekend.  Because of my little tests, we spent a quiet weekend at home, which was fabulous!!  Well, except for a dance rehearsal we were at home.  We rented some movies, (Brave, good movie; Hotel Transylvannia, which is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen...we were all dying laughing, and Ted, funny) and pigged out on junk food.  Just spending some down time together was wonderful.

But now, back to nail polish, lol.  Today I have a review of Stay the Night, one of the liquid sand polishes from the OPI Mariah Carey collection:
So I'm going to start with what I think is the biggest question about this polish...Are y'all like me and liked the look but was unsure about a "textured" finish?  I loved how it looked on the display, but wasn't sure if I could wear a textured finish.  I mean, I will put two or even three coats of top coat on my nails to get a smooth finish (don't worry, I always tell you when I need more than one).  I know this may sound weird but I love the feel of smooth nails.  But I bought this anyway....and loved it!!  It does have a different feel than other polishes, but it wasn't rough or uncomfortable.  It felt like the smoothest grit sand paper, or nail file.  I was actually shocked at how comfortable it was. 

Now for the polish/color itself:
It's gorgeous!!!   Sorry for the slightly blurred pictures, but the glitter wrecked havoc on my camera.  Stay the Night is a gorgeous textured polish in black matte with bright red glitter throughout it.  The glitter in this polish is phenomenal!  I don't know if it's because of the black textured finish, or because the black is matte, but the red seems to sparkle more than most polishes.  I know it doesn't seem it in the pictures, but the glitter is a show stopper!  Pictures show two coats without a top coat.

I only have one complaint, it doesn't wear well.  Here is a picture of the polish after about 30 hours of wear:
It may be hard to see here, but the red glitters started turning silver, and it started wearing away at the edges of my nails.  Although to be fair, that was after 3 loads of dishes without a dishwasher, four loads of laundry and two showers.  I didn't mind the wearing away, but hated the glitter turning silver.  Despite that, I love this polish!!  And I went back to buy more of the OPI's liquid sand!!  (review to come)  I would highly recommend trying this polish!!  It's very unique and gets a lot of attention!

Polish was bought and paid for by me.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment