Monday, February 4, 2013

Inspired by Fashion, R31DC

Hi Everyone!  How was your weekend?  Did you watch "the big game"?  I'm so happy.  I was able to spend my daughter's 13th birthday with her instead of in bed sick.  Don't get me wrong, I was sick as a dog, but I made it.  However, I'm paying for it today, so this is going to be a quick post.

Today's prompt on the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge is Inspired by Fashion.  I love fashion and a lot of my nail designs are derived from the fashion world.  My inspiration for today is this 2013 Le Femme couture dress from Le Femme Website:
And here are my nails:
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French White
Sinful Colors- Black on Black
China Glaze- Glistening Snow
Scotch Tape

This was a fun and easy mani...paint all but your accent nails (thumb and ring finger)with two coats of black.  Paint your accent nails two coats of white.  Once that has dried, paint a thicker coat of black up to your nail line on the accent nails.  This doesn't have to be perfect since that line will be covered by the glitter.  Once that black has dried completely (otherwise you will pull the polish up), use scotch tape to tape off the strip that you want the glitter polish.  Just use two pieces of tape and place it roughly on your nail line.  Then using your glitter polish, paint the strip in between the tape.

I hope y'all enjoyed this, and please be sure to check out the other wonderful designs below.  See you tomorrow and Happy Polishing!!


4 comments: