Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 24: Inspired by a Book, R31DC

Hi Everyone!!  Sorry  for the late post, been one of those kind of days.  But I'm ready now :-)

Today is the 24th day of the relaxed challenge and the prompt is inspired by a book.  This was hard!  I LOVE to read!!  And I love so many authors and different genres, so which to chose.  When I really think about it there are two authors that are my absolute favorites:  Sherrilyn Kenyon and J. R. Ward.  Since I was lucky enough to recently meet her, I went with Sherrilyn Kenyon and my favorite book by her, Acheron.
And my design:
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French White (white crème)
Spoiled- Designated Driver (yellow Crème)
China Glaze- Roguish Red (orange/red crème)
Nicole by OPI- Hard Kourt Fashinista (dark brown crème)

Once again I used one coat of white polish so the colors would stand out.  Then I painted the yellow, orange and brown on a make-up sponge and dabbed it on my nails.  I painted the symbol in the middle, Acheron's symbol, on a practice nail...yeah. I could do the lightning bolts or the circle but didn't get both and it's been such a long week, I decided to go without it.  I still love how they turned out.  I love having the gradient on a slant.

I hope y'all enjoy this and be sure to check out all the other book manis! Happy Polishing!!
Sherrilyn Kenyon & I at a book signing(not one of my better picture days, lol)

2 comments: