Wednesday, February 20, 2013

ABC Challenge: G is for Glitter & Gradient

Hi Everyone!!  How is your Wednesday going?  I hope y'all are doing great!!  I have two posts for you today!  The first was my answer to the MABB Weekly Question, and here is the second, the ABC Challenge!!

This week is the letter G!!  And I have a Gradient using Glitter and China Glaze!!  (Did I win??  Did I use the most G's??? LOL!!) Not only that, I used two untried!!
I Used:
China Glaze- VIII (dark purple crème)
China Glaze- Atlantis
 
I can not even begin to tell you how much I love this manicure!!  First up is China Glaze VIII. An incredible, vampy, dark purple crème that stays looking purple on your nails.  So often the really dark crèmes end up looking black on your nails, but this was obviously purple.  I LOVE this polish!!  And the wear is incredible.  I'm on day 4 of wearing this and it is just now starting to wear away on the corners of my nails. 
 
Then I used China Glaze Atlantis to make the gradient.  I have seen pictures of Atlantis, heard bloggers talk about how gorgeous it is, and how it was hard to find.  I decided I had to try it.  After all, my parents and I were always obsessed with the myth of Atlantis and it glittered, so I had to possess it (my precious), LOL.  Everything you have heard about this polish is true!!  It is a aqua base with aqua and holographic micro glitter bomb!  I just can't tell y'all enough how much I love this polish!!  I'm so thrilled I finally got it. You may see it a lot!  The gradient was made by starting at my cuticle and, as I brushed down my nail, I slowly lifted the brush.
 
If you have read any of my previous blog posts, you know that I get bored with a manicure rather quickly.  I love painting my nails, so as soon as I'm done, I'm ready to start the next one.  Not with this manicure.  I've worn it for 4 days and I'm so sad that it has to come off.
 
Be sure to check out all the other fabulous ladies and their wonderful "G" manicures.  I can't wait to see what they have come up with!!  Happy Polishing!!

 
 

 



23 comments:

  1. Loving this color combo. What a gorgeous glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlantis = pure love. It has a special place in my heart because it was one of the first polishes I ordered from US when my polish mania started. I bought a lot of polishes from ChG Specialty Collection and I love every single shade, but Atlantis is my fav one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That glitter looks amazing :O :O Why, oh why, don't I own it? :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I might have to go and find Atlantis too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atlantis is a big lemming for me, I think it's such a gorgeous glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty color combo And glitter gradients rule!! 4 days?!? Wow, I'm lucky if I can manage one!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever kept a polish on this long!! I just love it!!

      Delete
  7. Dionne! My Gawd, that's some breathtaking glitter gradient. Gotta love the varied placement and effect. It flows beautifully. When you pull together a combo like this, the feeling is visceral. You know what I mean? Chills. :)

    And yeah...you've scored a whole lotta G's with this one, girlfriend, but you better watch your back, because there are some other gals coming down the pike, and they very well might just take you out. j/k

    LMAO. Sometimes, I think it's the fumes. And then I think: Not so bad. ;)

    Feel better and keep warm. Spring IS right around the corner!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo...pretty! And 4 days is crazy! That's how you know you've got a great manicure...you want to wear it for more than 24 hours lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love purple and green or aqua. The contrast of those two colors is prettier than any other. Beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one super pretty glitter graident!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thats so super shiny! I really like the gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this mani, makes me think of stars and galaxies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so so pretty! I'm especially loving Atlantis! I need to add it to my stash for sure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo pretty!!! What. Great job you did Dionne! I'll keep my eyes open for Atlantis!

    ReplyDelete