Monday, January 21, 2013

The Liebster Award


I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award!!  Thank you to Inky Whiskers Musings, Nail the Look and Make Up & Polished Obsessed Girl for this fabulous nomination!!  I'm honored!!  I'm just sorry it has taken me an entire month to accept the award.

Just to explain the Liebster Award:
1.  To be nominated you must have less than 200 blog followers.
2.  You must share 11 random facts about yourself.
3.  You need to answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
4.  Then you need to share by nominating 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them 11 questions.

What fun!!  Ok, so first, the 11 random facts about myself (this was hard):
1.  I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida.  That may not seem like a big deal, but trust me, a native Floridian is hard to find in Orlando, lol.

2.  I once went to the bathroom with Elizabeth Taylor.  My mother was a huge fan of Elizabeth, and she starred in one of my all time favorite movies, "Cleopatra".  My hubby and I were in Las Vegas (pre-daughter days), and she was there making an appearance.  Security came in to clear out the bathroom, but I, ah-hum, couldn't leave...so I got to meet her!!  She was very nice and gorgeous.

3. As long as I'm on a celebrity thing, I live in "The Vampire Diaries" town of Mystic Falls.  Ok, I live in the town that the show is filmed.  And it's such a small town, that I've met most of the stars.  But my favorite is Ian Somenholder!! Sigh....

4. I've worked for both Sea World and Walt Disney World.  When I was 16 through 18, I sold ice cream out in the Sea World park in the summers.  Then when I was 18, I went to work part time at Walt Disney World while going to college,  I worked in EPCOT (which stands for Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow) in the Land Pavilion.  I was one of those people talking to you on the "Listen to the Land" boat ride.

5.  Working at Disney is kind of a family thing.  My grandfather helped build the original park, The Magic Kingdom, and my father helped to build EPCOT.  In fact my name is written on one of the rafters in Space Ship Earth.  Then my hubby, who used to be in construction built Fast Trak at EPCOT and wrote both our daughter's name and mine on a rafter there.

6.  I have an out of control addiction to Coca-Cola.

7.  I'm an only child and I have an only child.

8.  Besides being a polish-aholic, I'm a book-aholic.  I absolutely love to read!  My favorite genres are paranormal romance, historical fiction/romance and thrillers.  Sherrilyn Kenyon and J. R. Ward are my favorite writers ever!!

9.  I have gray eyes.  I know, weird right?

10. I have an absolute, paralyzing, crippling fear of green hoppy things, known to you as *shudder* frogs.  I'm absolutely terrified of them!!  I even hate Kermit.

11. I'm obsessed with glitter.  And if it's purple (my favorite color) and glitters, I have to have it!

Ok, now for the questions to me.  Instead of answering 33 questions, I just picked 11, a few from each person :)  From Inky Whiskers:
1. What is your favorite type of polish?  Glitter!!
2.  How many polishes do you own and how many untried?  I'm not exactly sure how many I own, but it's over 300 bottles now.  And how many untried?  Too many...probably around 60.
3.  What is your current polish lemming?  That's easy, Max Factor Fantasy Fire.
4.  What manicure challenges you the most (i.e. water marbling, braided, etc.)?  That's easy, stamping!  Right now, it just seems to be beyond me.
From Nail the Look:
5.  What's your go to nail polish color?  PURPLE!!
6.  How long have you been blogging?  I started in August, 2011, but then 4 days after starting our house was hit by lightning and we lost the computer and Internet.  It took an entire month to get everything working again, so I feel I really started in September.
7. What do you think is going to be big in 2013?  I think that the "sand" finish and foil are going to be huge this year.
From Make Up Obsessed:
8.  Do you have any pets?  YES!!  My precious angels, Count Damon (the brown and white) and Countess Delilah (the black and white).  They are my one year old Chinese Chins:
9.  Manicure you haven't tried but want to.  I really want to try the watercolor.
10. Favorite movie?  I don't know if I can narrow it down to only one...but I would have to say "Cleopatra"
11. Favorite nail polish? Probably a tie between Orly and China Glaze.

And now for my nominees, drum roll please, they are:
Lisa at Lozlosa
Raquel at Sunshine Nails
Lindsey at Mrs. Priss Porter
Meredith at Perfectly Polished
 
And now my 11 questions for y'all:
1.  What is your favorite polish color?
2.  What is your favorite food?
3.  What is your guilty pleasure?
4.  What is your most embarrassing polish moment?
5.  Which do you prefer, glitter, matte, crème or a new finish?
6.  What type of manicure are you afraid to try or frustrates you the most?
7.  If you could dress in any style from any age, which would you choose and why? (i.e. ancient Greece, the Roaring 20's, the sixties, etc.)
8.  Which do you prefer, mountains or beaches?
9.  How old were you when you fell in love with polish?
10. If a genie came to you and gave you three wishes, what would they be?
11. Are you going to follow my blog?

Whew!  I think I covered everything.  I hope you liked getting to know me better. Thank you so much ladies for nominating me!!  I'm honored!  And to the ladies I've nominated, I can't wait to see your responses!  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dionne! Thanks for your thoughtful notice of my blog. I'm tickled to have met you in this challenge. They're fun, aren't they? :) Just an FYI...I've hooked up to you via GFC and Facebook, so I can follow your postings. Just a head's up, darlin'...It may be a hundred years or more, before I get around to passing on the Liebster. Every time I think of the various and sundry assignments associated with the award, I break out in a cold sweat and reach for either the liquor cabinet or a bag of Cheetos. Actually, I don't do either, but that doesn't mean I don't THINK about doing it. :) Thanks again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I totally understand! It took me 1 1/2 months to complete it. And thank you so much for the follows. I just added all us "challenge ladies" to my blog roll...working on facebook next :D

      Delete