Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Double Challenge: Inspired by a Song & D

Hi everyone!!  Today I have a quick post for you.  I don't know what on earth has happened, but I woke up at 3am in incredible pain...It feels like a muscle pull (in my sleep??) and stab wound (I would guess) all at once.  Ow!!

So today is a double challenge:  Inspired by a song and the letter "D".  So I have several D's for you, and my song is "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho.  I remember my mother loving this song:

I Used:
China Glaze- Def-Defying (chartreuse green crème)
China Glaze- White on White (white crème)
Ulta- Grin & Berry It (berry colored shimmer)
Sally Hansen- DVD (blue, super shimmer-bubbles)
Wet-n-Wild- Sage in the City (light green shimmer)
Wet-n-Wild- SaGreena the Teenage Witch (dark green shimmer
Bonita- yellow shimmer (name missing)
Brushes
Dotting Tools

Since Don Ho was synonymous with Hawaii, I went for a Hawaiian/tropical feel to my nails.

I hope y'all enjoy today's mani!  Be sure to check all the other wonderful songs and d's.  Hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow.  Happy Polishing!!

27 comments:

  1. OMG, this is amazing! It looks like little paintings on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an amazing mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I don't - scratch that - I know I wouldn't have the patience for something like this. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's simply beautiful! Hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you sure did nail a Hawaii vibe! It screams DON HO!!! Great job, Dionne!

    So sorry about that painful disruption of sleep this morning. I get those kinda of pains in my legs, a few times a year, and end up waking my husband with involuntary yelps and screams. Not nice. I find that as I get older, mysterious aches and ailments pop up out of nowhere, and disappear almost as fast. I really hope this is just a passing thing for you, never to be heard from again. Let us know how you're doing, ok?

    Your "D" day mani is a beauty, Dionne!!!! :)

    Lisa

    bout the awful distruption last

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!! I'm finally feeling better, between the pain and plague, lol. So sorry about your pains, I hope they've stopped. Getting older sucks, lol!

      Delete
  6. Owch, hope you feel better! Gorgeous mani! It looks so tropical, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look very pretty and tropical... makes me want to put me toes in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! My parents used to sing this song to me when I was a small child.. so 70's. I so glad I saw this video. My parents were so young then! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song choice!! I love how bright and happy this mani is, and it totally screams tiny bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still sing this song at random! Sweet!

    Love the mani. So tropical and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks amazing!! I love CnG Def Defying, I just got it myself a while ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are better today! Let us know!
    And the Hawaii feeling is sure on the nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute mani! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's really a work of art! Beautiful. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete