Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5: Blue Relaxed 31 Days Challenge

Hi Everyone!!  Did y'all have a great weekend?  We spent a quiet weekend eating completely unhealthy food and watching the playoff games.  Since it's out last weekend we don't have to go anywhere, we didn't want to move! So today is the 5th day of the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge and the prompt is blue!  Blue is my second favorite color and the one I have the second most of, behind purple. But not only that, this is my 100th POST!!!!  I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me see a dream come true!!  And your kind words and encouragement have meant the world to me!!  so, THANK YOU!!!

And now for my design:
(Please forgive the condition of my hands, I sort of cut myself up some, lol)

I Used (from lightest to darkest):
Orly- Blue Collar
Pure Ice- French Kiss
Orly- Royal Navy
Sally Hansen- Petrol
Scotch Tape

When I first started thinking about this manicure, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  I love blue and have several untried, so I thought I would do a gradient.  But I did a blue gradient for a Christmas Challenge, so I thought I would try stripes.  Anyway, I ended up with gradient stripes!!

I started with one coat of Orly Blue Collar, the lightest blue.  For the second coat, I only painted the area I thought would be showing.  Otherwise by the end you would have like 6 coats of polish.  Then using scotch tape (remember to remove some of the stickiness off of the tape), just cover the part you do NOT want painted.  Use a pretty thick coat, and remember to only paint a little more than what will show.

I love how this turned out. I got my gradient and stripes!  And now I know what I'm going to do for the rainbow prompt!!
I hope y'all enjoy today's mani!  Be sure to check every one's blue manicure and check back tomorrow for PURPLE!!  Happy Polishing!!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love your crisp lines! Tape manis don't like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Pure Ice French Kiss is my FAVORITE blue polish, can you believe they discontinued it?! Also congrats on 100 posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! And I know! I've been stalking all the Walmarts in the area to stock up!

      Delete