Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 11: Polka Dots, R31DC

Howdy Everyone!!  How's your Tuesday going?  I'm just hoping for a better Tuesday than Monday!!

Today's prompt is Polka Dots!  I love dotting.  It's an easy way to get a fun and unique look.  I have several dotty manicures worked up on my nail wheels that I've never worn, so choosing which one to do for this challenge was difficult.  So I finally had my almost teenager decide for me and I love the one she chose:
I Used:
Ulta- High Roller (very shimmery light gold)
Wet-n-Wild- I Red a Good Book (red crelly)
NYC- Times Square Tangerine Crème (orange crème)
Kleancolor- Neon Yellow (yellow crème)
China Glaze- Def-Defying (chartreuse green crème)
Ulta- Blue Streak (medium blue crème)
Wet-n-Wild- On a Trip (purple crème)
Dotting Tool

I started with two coats of the gorgeous Ulta High Roller.  Love this color!  Once that had dried completely, I used the smallest dotting tool to create the dots.  You can also use a toothpick or a needle to make the dots.  I started at the tip with red, then followed the ROY G. BIV rule: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, (left out the indigo) and purple.  Then a coat of top coat.

I hope y'all enjoyed this manicure.  Be sure to check out the rest of the ladies manis and make sure that you've entered my GIVEAWAY!!!

Check back tomorrow for Day 12 of the R31DC: Stripes AND my first day of the ABC Challenge!!  Happy Polishing!!


6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love all the different colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many dots and colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGGGHHH THESE ARE SO AWESOME. They are so detailed and way more fun than mine!!! I love the metallic base, too. I might have to recreate these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved yours, they were perfect. And I'd be honored if you recreated themn:)

      Delete