Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Revlon Moon Candy Orbit

So, over the summer Revlon released their Moon Candy nail art line.  I thought the flakies were gorgeous, especially Orbit, but I just couldn't justify $8 for basically just the flakies, and such a small amount at that.  I was able to pick up Milky Way (review) and Cosmic (which I haven't tried yet) on clearance a couple of weeks ago, but they were out of Orbit, my favorite.  I thought I was out of luck but I saw this huge, new display in Walmart full of Revlon Nail art combos, for $6.44.  I had to try to Orbit.


Orbit turned out nothing like Milky Way.  Unlike the thick gray polish of Milky Way, the purple in Orbit was thin and gave nice coverage.  But there was one really weird thing, the purple turned out way, way darker on the nail than in the bottle.
In fact, it's so dark you can't even tell it's purple.  You know I've had polishes look lighter than they looked in the bottle, but this is the first time I've had one turn out darker!

The flakies consist of irregular shaped flakes in iridescent blue and purple in a light purple base.  The base was so thick it was a nightmare to work with.  And the flakies, which actually look blue and teal, were extremely hard to place.  Plus it was impossible to get them flat.  Maybe it was because of the thick base.  I used two coats of flakies and two coats of top coat.  And despite my fabulous top coat, the overall look came out looking very lumpy.  My nails felt 12 inches thick!

You can really see how lumpy it is in this picture.

Orbit does seem pretty and I do like the look of the flakies, the overall lumpy look is unattractive.  For a nail polish I was looking so forward to, I'm extremely disappointed.  In fact, I can't wait to get it off.  I will have to try to thin the flakies and try again, but for now, this polish is a fail.  Happy Polishing!!

1 comment:

  1. this is soooo pretty!! i wanna pick one up now!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete