Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: Color Club- Snow Flakes

Hi Everyone!!  First I want to remind everyone that this is for people with natural AND acrylic nails.  Check out my post For Everyone With Artificial Nails about changing your polish and To Acetone or Not To Acetone about what kind of polish remover to use whether you have natural or acrylic nails. 

Ok, now on to my post.  I was so excited when I walked into my local Sally's and saw Color Club polishes.  As I've told y'all, I live way, way out in the country and haven't been able to find Color Club anywhere.  My fingers are crossed that this isn't just a one time thing, and that they are going to start carrying it.  Anyway, you know I had to buy some.

(All pictures show two coats of Snow Flake over two coats of Orly Shockwave and one coat of top coat.)

This is Snow Flakes, a really surprising polish.  Because of that this is a picture heavy post.
In the bottle it looks like a duochrome flakie in a white base that shifts from orange to green.  But on the nail it is so much more.

On the nail Snow Flakes is incredible.  First, the flakies are in a clear base.  The polish is just so full of flakes it makes the base look white.  Next, the flakies have a linear shift from a copper/red, to orange, to yellow then to green.  Lastly, the flakes look metallic on the nail.  It looks like you're wearing foil instead of nail polish.

And if that wasn't enough to make you love Snow Flakes, the polish and the flakies settle to a smooth finish.
Yep, you read that right, no flakies sticking up.

I am blown away by this polish.  It was beautiful in the bottle, that's why I bought it.  But on the nail, it's magical.  This polish would make a great finish no matter what time of the year it is or what color you put it over.  What can I say y'all?  I'm in love!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment