Friday, September 14, 2012

Rhinestones and Dots

Ok y'all.  Something has happened to me that I (and my family and friends) thought was impossible...I over rhinestoned something!  Almost everything I own glitters.  If I can get it to hold still long enough, it's getting bedazzled!  The words "tacky" and "understated" do not exist in my vocabulary.  Until my first attempt at this manicure.  At the end of this post I'll put this first attempt that I, the sparkle lover, didn't like.

I did however, love my finished manicure.  I hope you do too!

I used:
Sinful Colors- Heavy Metal
Orly- Charged Up
NYC- Lavender Cupcake
Wet-n-Wild- Tickled Pink
China Glaze- 108 Degrees
Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat
Purple Rhinestones (3mm)
Medium Dotting Tool


Here are the supplies:


And my inspiration:

To start this manicure, paint two coats of silver (Sinful Colors Heavy Metal) polish for a base color.  Once that is completely dry, use a medium size dotter (or a toothpick) to create the lines of dots.  Start in the middle of your nail with the darkest color (Orly's Charged Up) and dot a diagonal line in the middle of your nail.  Then going out from that line, dot the colors in order of their shades, darkest to lightest. (On my nails, that is NYC Lavender Cupcake, China Glaze 108 Degrees and Wet-n-Wild Tickled Pink.)
For the accent nails, place a small dot of top coat on your nail where you want the rhinestone.  Place the rhinestones in a vertical line.  Once you've completed the rhinestone line, dot the rest of the nail to match the rest of your manicure.

Remember to put a top coat on all your nails, including over the rhinestones, and you're done!  As always, I would love to hear your comments or questions.  Happy Polishing!!


And...the first attempt, lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment