Saturday, September 29, 2012

Purple Art Glass

Hi Everyone!! I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend.  We are having a nice, quiet weekend at home.  But I do have a new design for you, and can I just say I am in love!!!  I was in an antique store the other day and fell in love with this art glass vase.  It was purple and sparkled!! What was there not to love?  Other than the price that is.  So since I can't buy the vase, at least I can wear the design on my nails! 

I Used:
Orly- Decoded (gray)
Wet-n-Wild- Buffy the Violet Slayer
NYC- Lavender Cupcake
Rimmel- Wild Orchid
Orly- Charged Up
Orly- Ingenue

I started with two coats of Orly's Decoded, a pretty dark gray from their Electronica collection.  When that was dry, I used a medium (about 1/2 inch) stripping brush (see my tip on brushes) for the stripes.  Just make random stripes of different lengths and widths along your nails.  Make sure you don't completely cover your base color.  If you don't want to use purple but still get the same effect, you need to use a combination of creme, shimmer and glitter polishes.  This will give your design depth and make it look more like glass.  There are endless combinations.  (They had the same vase if multiple colors!)  Don't forget your top coat.  I used two coats to help give this design a smooth, glassy appearance.

I hope y'all have fun with this design.  I would love to see some of your interpretations!   Post them in the comments below.  Happy Polishing!!

P.S.  The glitter polish is Orly's Ingenue.  It's an unbelievable color!  Purple duochrome with an extreme gold shift.  Love it!!

Left Hand:


Right Hand:

No comments:

Post a Comment