Monday, September 10, 2012

Matte Finish

Ok, I realize you may not know me that well yet, but if nothing else, the name of my blog should tell you that I LOVE GLITTER!!! Out of my 209'ish bottles of polish, a good 50 of them are glitter.  And that doesn't even count the shimmers, frosts, duochromes, well you get the picture. So for me personally a matte finish seems to go against everything I love. But since it is so popular now, and I want to be a good little blogger, I bought NYC Matte top coat. And I don't hate it! In fact, I kind of like it.

I borrowed this peachy orange from a friend (so sorry, can't remember the name...it was Finger Paints though).  The polish is a really pretty light orange with a slight gold shimmer to it.  I put the NYC Matte over it and it gave the polish a pretty satin-like finish.

Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone and added a glossy french tip of Orly's Royal Navy.  I love the effect, but the color combination, not so much.  I thought they would work well together, but for me personally, I just didn't care for it.  I can't wait to try this again with a different color combination. 




Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment