Monday, September 3, 2012

Dry Brush Technique

Hi Everyone!!!! I'm so excited to finally have my blog up and running again!! So here is my first tutorial: the dry brush method. The dry brush method simply means putting just a small dot of nail polish on a dry paint brush. You can use any brush: the brush that came with the nail polish scraped clean, a cheap children's paint brush or art brushes. They all work.

What I used:
Orly- White French Tip
NYC- Lavender Cupcakes
Wet-n-Wild- On a Trip
Finger Paints- Purple Palette
Wet-n-Wild- Buffy the Violet Slayer

Start with two coats of a white base. Put a drop of the lightest polish on a paper or plate and get just a small amount on your brush.  Starting from the base of your nail, swipe the polish upwards towards your finger tip. Make several lines until you're happy with results. Try not to go to the end of your finger nail (like I mistakingly did, lol).

Continue with this method for each color, shortening each brush stroke as you go. The darkest and/or glitter color should be the shortest and the last.

If you have any questions, please let me know!! You may either comment below or email me at glitteryfingers@gmail.com.

Happy Polishing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment