Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Butterflies!

I know that butterflies are more Spring than end of Summer, but the Monarch Butterfly's colors remind me of fall and that's why I picked butterflies for today's manicure.  And to be honest with you, I'm not ready to let go of summer.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to finally have football back (Go Bucs!!!), but I'm not ready to stop wearing shorts.  They're just so comfy! 

Here's the tutorial for the butterflies.  You can make these with any color you want.

I used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather
China Glaze- White on White
Finger Paints- Vermilion $ Painting
Finger Paints- Prints & Printsess
Wet-n-Wild- 9.0.2.1. Orange
Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat
Dotting Tool
Liner Brush
Detail Brush
Make-up Sponges (cut up)


I started with two coats of Finger Paint's Prints & Printsess.  It's a light peach with a pretty peach shimmer to it.  Next I sponged Finger Paint's Vermilion $ Painting on the top portion of my nail in a diagonal gradient.  That polish is a dark orange/red with a gold shimmer.  Once that was dry I sponged Wet-n-Wild's 9.0.2.1.Orange along the middle.  I love this polish, it has a gold micro glitter.  This is to help give the wing a more multi-dimensional look.  For the sponges, I use ones from the dollar store.  Just cut them into irregular shapes.  Also, wet them and they will expand to give you a better effect.

Then in the corner of your nail, paint a semi-circle.  Using a liner brush (a brush with long, thin bristles) or liner polish, make lines from the semi-circle out to the edge of your nail.
Connect the lines with a curved line.  Color in the space between the curved line and your skin with black polish.  Using a dotting tool (or toothpick), make random white dots in the black area.  Finish with a top coat.  I hope you enjoy this design! Happy Polishing!!

Left hand:
Right hand:


No comments:

Post a Comment